Spring is here, and that can only mean one thing: it’s time for vacation! As a busy mom of two, this is both a relief and burden. I’m looking forward to the time away from work, but also kinda freaking out about time away from work. Plus, it’s spring training season, and I’ve got a spring race coming up soon. That means I’ve got to cram in workouts without my precious CycleBar to help me along my way.
If you find yourself in a similar situation, I’ve got a few pro tips to keep you active on your vacation:
- Tune up. One of my favorite things about CycleBar is the constant flow of fresh music. Grab your favorite playlists from a recent class (the links are in your post-ride emails) or check out the CycleBar Spotify playlist for more musical motivation.
- Gear up. Pack your workout gear first. That way you know you’ll have room for your running shoes, sports bra, yoga mat—or whatever else you need—in your suitcase. Don’t forget to throw in headphones, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Plan ahead. Check out your destination and see if there’s a CycleBar nearby. If you’ve got one, that makes life easy! If not, check out local running routes, take a peek at the forecast, and plan ahead.
- Get creative. Vacation is fun, and your vacation workouts should be too. Try something new and don’t be afraid to get creative. Go off the beaten path, explore, get wet, watch the sun rise, chase dolphins, hike a trail, rent equipment, and have an adventure!
- Give yourself a break. A spring break. Above all else, remember that you’re on vacation. Leave your watch behind, forget the pace, stop counting calories, and enjoy the scenery. No matter what you do on your vacation, make sure that it restores, revives, and refreshes.
Have fun! Happy trails! Bon voyage!
—Adrea Beatty, CycleBar